Did you know, as per the recent WHO survey about one-third of all women in reproductive age are anemic? Apparently, the majority of the cases are in rural areas and less-privileged regions globally. The disease can be genetic or develop as a nutritional deficiency especially in children, women and senior citizens.
Let’s have a pilot view of What causes Anemia, It’s cure and medical treatment
What is Anemia?
Anemia is a condition in which your body produces insufficient red blood cells. Children, women, and men of all ages are affected by anemia. Anemia affects more than 1.6 billion individuals around the world. Anemia is more likely to strike women and people with chronic illnesses.
It is a deficiency of red blood cells that carries oxygen to all body tissues, and a low red blood cell count indicates that there is less oxygen in your blood than normal. It can range in severity from minor to severe.
The severity of anemia is determined by the level of hemoglobin in the blood. Hemoglobin is a protein found in red blood cells and is responsible for transporting oxygen from the lungs to the rest of the body. Because iron is required for hemoglobin synthesis, most patients with anemia are iron deficient.
There are several varieties of anemia, each with its own cause and treatment options. Anemia can range from mild to severe depending on hemoglobin levels, but it can be avoided by adjusting your diet.
Common Symptoms of Anemia
The signs and symptoms of anemia differ based on the origin and severity of the condition. You may not have any symptoms depending on the reason of your anemia.
If signs and symptoms do appear, they may include:
- Fatigue or Weakness
- Pale Skin
- Irregular Heartbeat
- Breathing problem
- Lightheadedness or dizziness
- Pain in the chest
- Hands and feet are freezing.
What are the Causes of Anemia?
Anemia can be caused by a variety of factors, ranging from a lack of iron in the diet to more serious underlying reasons. The following are some of the most common causes of anemia:
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Pregnancy-related complications
- Symptoms of active bleeding include piles and ulcers.
- Cancer and renal disease a genetic issue
- Anemia caused by drugs
What are the types of Anemia?
- Iron Deficiency Anemia – It is one of the most common types of anaemia, affecting more women than males and occurring more frequently during pregnancy. Your body does not have enough iron to deliver oxygen through your blood to all parts of your body when you have severe anemia. The following are some of the signs and symptoms of iron deficiency anaemia:
- Fatigue and exhaustion,
- Heartbeats that are faster than usual,
- Skin that is pale,
- Strange appetites for mud, pencil, and other odd foods
- Hair loss,
- Swelling of the tongue
- Aplastic Anemia: It happens when the body does not produce enough Red Blood Cells because of a damaged bone marrow.
- Pernicious Anemia: This is a condition when the body lacks in vitamin B12.
- Normocytic Anemia: This occurs when there is a severe lack of Red Blood Cells
- Sickle-Cell Anemia: A genetic disorder that reflects as anemia in the body.
Common Cure for Anemia
In majority of the cases the primary cause of Anemia is malnutrition and specific nutritional deficiencies like Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and Vitamin B 12 etc. To combat these deficiencies the most essential thing one can do is take a wholesome diet every day. Here is a list of food items that you should incorporate in your daily meals.
Green Leafy Vegetables
- Collard greens
- Swiss chard
Nuts and Seeds
- Flax seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
- Hemp Seeds
Meat and Poultry Seed
Which doctor to visit during Anemia?
Cardiologists treat heart problems, neurologists looks after our nervous system but not many of us know that blood related disorders like Anemia are treated by Hematologists and General Physicians. If you are experiencing anemic symptoms or are worried about health in general, feel free to reach out to our Smart Doctor, Dr. Omkar Singh. He is one of the best doctors in Ghaziabad holding years of experience in various medical domains and curing hundreds of patients.
Reach Out to us today at https://thesmarthospital.in/